Terms & Conditions
- 1. Authorisation
3. Fee Terms
4. Customer Responsibility
5. Exceptions to Agent Responsibility
6. Refund Estimations
8. Data Handling & Confidentiality
9. Discontinuation of Services
10. Miscellaneous1) Authorisation to act as a Tax Agent.
- 1. Authorisation
1) My Tax Refund’s Authorisation
My Tax Refund (www.mytaxrefunds.ie) is a trading name for the services of My Tax Back Ltd. By submitting the online application, you authorise:
- the transfer of any refund or repayment of PAYE/Income Levy/Universal Social Charge due to you by the Revenue Commissioners by electronic funds transfer to the following bank account which is held ‘’My Tax Back Ltd’’:
- Name of Account Holder: My Tax Back Ltd
- IBAN: IE39AIBK93718516961062
- BIC: AIBKIE2D
- Any refund made by Revenue Commissioners to us, your Tax Agent, on your behalf is refunded in a similar manner as if same were being refunded directly to you and that once the refund is transferred into the bank account nominated by yourself, you have no further call upon the Revenue Commissioners in respect of same.
- Once authorised and registered as your tax agent with the relevant Tax Authority (Revenue Commissioners of Ireland), all correspondence regarding your tax application must be handled directly by My Tax Refund. Any measure taken by you, the customer, to make direct contact with the tax office without first consulting with My Tax Refund, could jeopardise the refund due to you and will absolve My Tax Refund of any responsibility or accountability for the outcome of the refund claim.
- The submission of an authorisation form to My Tax Refund by web, post, hand, fax, or e-mail constitutes agreement to these terms and conditions, including amendments thereto, by the customer.
2) My Tax Refund’s Guarantee
- We guarantee that we will use our best endeavours to claim any due refund of income tax for people who have worked in Ireland, and who avail of its services.
- We will claim the maximum refund amount possible based on the information and documentation provided by its customers and subject to the legal entitlements and obligations of the customer within the prevailing tax laws of Ireland. It is your responsibility to send us in any supporting documentation prior to your review that may impact the result of your refund.
- Where there is a change to the applicable tax laws or in the interpretation or implementation of the rules and laws by the Tax Authorities in Ireland, we will meet its undertaking to claim the refund to the degree allowed by the law, interpretation, and implementation by the Tax Authorities. The decision of the exact value of any refund due or amount owed is the decision of the relevant Tax Authorities (Revenue Commissioners of Ireland).
3) My Tax Refund’s Fee Terms
Once you agree to the Terms & Conditions upon submission of the Online Application Form, thus permitting My Tax Refund to represent you to the Tax Authorities and to claim your refunds and are thereby agreeing to pay the fees as outlined in these Terms and Conditions to My Tax Refund for organising any refund due. The fee is based on 10% of the refund amount (plus vat) for each refund received by the customer for PAYE refunds.
A minimum charge of €25.00 (plus vat) is payable on each refund attributable to individual clients.
The fee is due to My Tax Refund upon receipt of the refund from the Tax Authorities.
- If we do not hear back from you regarding your refund a cheque will be issued after 7 days to the address that you provided us with.
- Additional charges may apply, for example:
- where a cheque has not been cashed within the 6-month timeframe therefore goes out of date, an administration charge of €50+VAT will be applied to re-issue the refund.
- If a cheque has been lost in the post, or sent to an old address, there will be a €15 + VAT administration charge.
- My Tax Refund’s fees are subject to change and will be announced on the My Tax Refund website 30 days in advance of the new effective date.
- In circumstances when it is agreed that a My Tax Refund’s client has requested a review directly from the Revenue Commissioners and failed to remove My Tax Refund’s bank account details from their profile, a €15.00 + VAT administrative charge will be deducted by My Tax Refund for each refund processed.
- Clients requesting a Tax Clearance Certificate will be charged €50 (+ VAT).
- If the relevant Tax Authority sends the refund to the customer directly, because of the Services performed by us, the customer will be invoiced for the Charges & VAT for the service rendered. You must pay all amounts due under these Terms in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding (other than any deduction or withholding of tax as required by law). If the customer does not pay this fee, pursuant to the information above on a voluntary basis or on request from My Tax Refund. My Tax Refund reserves the right to:
- Take legal action to pursue the customer for the fee due
- Publish the name of the customer as a Bad Debtor in the local newspaper, on the My Tax Refunds website and other media if the fee has not been paid within the rational terms given.
- Report the customer as a Bad Debtor to the relevant financial institutions in the country of the customer.
4) Customer Responsibility
It is your responsibility as the customer to:
- Provide us with your PPS number as part of the registration process and ensure that it is correct as we will rely exclusively on it in providing the services to you.
- Ensure that terms of your order and all the documentation is clear, accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge.
- Ensure you co-operate with us in all matters relating to the services.
- Ensure you provide promptly, all the documentation requested by us.
- Advise in writing of any changes to your circumstances or in the required information. Where the customer comprises of two persons, such obligation applies to each of you
- To indemnify us for any loss, cost, expense, or liability that we suffer or incur because of acting or relying on your Documentation, and your instructions. This clause shall survive the expiry or termination of the Contract howsoever caused.
- Grant us a fully paid-up, non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-transferable licence to copy and modify any Documentation provided by you to us for the purpose of providing the Services and or Additional Services to you.
- To provide from time to time such evidence of identity, address or other information including without limitation source(s) of funds, as required by Money Laundering legislation.
- To provide such information in relation to your account as we may require from time to time including without limitation account number, and IBAN.
5) Exceptions to My Tax Refund’s Responsibilities
My Tax Refund is not responsible for the refund of tax where:
- The customer has provided information, which is false, inaccurate, incorrect, insufficient, or misleading in any way.
- The customer has already received a tax refund, for the period in question.
- The customer has already applied for a tax refund, either directly or through another person, natural or legal.
- The customer owes money to the Tax Authority.
- The Tax Authority has different information on its system to that provided by the customer.
- The Tax Authority information leads to a decision that the customer is not due a refund.
6) Refund Estimations
My Tax Refund does not issue estimates of refunds due. All refund amounts are agreed with Revenue prior to confirmation with customers.
My Tax Refund will:
- Advise current customers of all new refunds that they may be entitled to as and when information becomes available from the relevant Tax Authorities.
- automatically review the customer’s taxes each year for potential refunds, unless specifically requested by the customer, in writing to email@example.com , not to continue with this service.
- Where the Customer comprises two natural persons arising from the fact that they are jointly assessed for tax by the Taxing Authority, then the Customer comprises each of them and each of them shall be jointly and severally liable for the obligations of the Customer under these Terms. Where the Customer comprises two natural persons who are jointly assessed by the Taxing Authority, each of you agree, that we may exercise our rights under these Terms in respect of each of you and you agree that we may pay any refund to the assessable spouse.
- All correspondence to the customer will be sent to the postal address or e-mail address provided by the customer on the online application / tax agent authorisation form. Customers should check their e-mails regularly for correspondence from My Tax Refunds or the Revenue Commissioners of Ireland.
8) My Tax Refund’s Confidentiality & Data Handling
You agree that we may:
- Disclose your confidential information to such of our respective employees, officers, representatives, subcontractors, or advisers who need to know such information for the purposes of carrying out our respective obligations under the Contract; and
- Disclose your confidential information to the Taxing Authority. If you the Customer comprises two natural persons, this right of disclosure shall apply to confidential information in relation to each of you: and
- Communicate your confidential information to third parties without your consent where:
- we are required to do so by any governmental, banking, taxation, supervisory or other similar body or by the rules of any stock exchange; or
- information is requested to be disclosed in connection with and for the purposes of any administrative or other investigations.
Should the customer at any time like to query the quality of services delivered or provide us with feedback, he/she is invited to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will guarantee that the e-mail is responded to within 48 hours.
9) Discontinuation of Services
You, the customer, may at any time, revoke your authorisation to My Tax Refund to act as your tax agent by emailing email@example.com
- Please note that if we have already processed your refund, Revenue will continue to process any refund due to My Tax Refund, who will in turn refund any monies due to you less any charges as set out in the Terms & Conditions (Clause 3).
- Giving of notice to the Taxing Authority by you, seeking to cancel the Services does not constitute a valid cancellation for the purposes of these Terms and accordingly we will not be bound by such whether notified by us or the Taxing Authority. You must cancel the Contract in accordance with these Terms and not otherwise.
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Contract that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control (Events Outside Our Control). If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under the Contract:
- We will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- Our obligations under the Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. We will arrange a new date for performance of the Services with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- Revenue sometimes carries out compliance checks on claims. These are often risk-based but can sometimes be random checks. Where you have provided us with supporting documentation for your claims (e.g., medical receipts for a health expense claim) and Revenue initiate a compliance check, we will deal with these checks on your behalf free of charge. Please note these checks may slow down your refund.
From time to time My Tax Refund may amend or add to these terms and conditions should the need arise. Such changes will be posted on the My Tax Refund website under “terms and conditions” and customers are advised to check the website regularly to receive these updates.